Smoking Machines VC 1, VC 10 and VC 10 S-Type, Controller, FTIR Analyser
This setup was developed in close cooperation with Gasmet. The system offers a puff-by-puff quantitification of key constituents of aerosol from electronic cigarettes.
It is combined with the proven VC 1, VC 10 and VC 10 S-TYPE smoking machines and offers a fast evaluation of the aerosol in intervals of 1 s. Therefore it is a powerful alternative to classical chemical analysis which takes time-consuming steps by trapping, extraction, measurement and evaluation.
Sampling and measurement system configuration:
1. Aerosol generated by VITROCELL® smoking machine
- HCI, ISO or CRM 81 regimes
- E-cigarette aerosol mixed with N2 carrier gas
- Continuous purging after puff
2. Controller for carrier gas (N2)
- N2 flows from 50 mL/min up to 5.0 L/min
- Integrated mass flow controller
3. Hot Gas Mixer
- Heated line after mixing of carrier gas and aerosol
4. Gasmet FTIR analyser
- Small volume sample cell, 200 cm path length
- Calcmet PRO software & RS-422 for fast measurement (1 s measurement interval)