Following the VITROCELL® User Group Meeting 2016 in New Orleans, international scientists from Canada, Europe, Japan, Korea and USA reconvened in March 2017.
The meeting offered an excellent opportunity to discuss the latest developments of VITROCELL®, to exchange experiences in working with VITROCELL® devices and to meet fellow researchers. It was held prior to the International Society of Toxicology 56th Annual Meeting and ToxExpo – one of the largest international conferences related to toxicology.
Focus of the event was to exchange latest research results, to give an update on VITROCELL’s participation in major European and German research programs as well
as the presentation of new products for 2017.
- First characterization of the new VITROCELL® AMES 48 System:
7 doses @ 6 replicates plus one clean air control @ 6 replicates.
- Smoking Robot VITROCELL® VC 10 S-TYPE with 3 syringe drives:
for application of multiple doses for mainstream cigarette smoke and e-cigarettes vapors.
- New linear Smoking Machine VITROCELL® VC 1/7:
7 independent syringe drives for application of multiple doses for mainstream cigarette smoke and e-cigarettes vapors.
- VITROCELL® Powder Chamber:
for exposure of smallest quantities of dry powders.
- VITROCELL® Vial Injector:
for particle exposures out of pressurized vials.
- First results of the VITROCELL® setup for soft photoionization mass spectrometry in cooperation with Photonion:
for real time analysis of the gas phase in highest resolution and precision.
- First results of the VITROCELL® setup for FTIR measurements of e-cigarette aerosols in cooperation with Gasmet:
for analysis of major components of the gas phase in connection with VITROCELL® Smoking Machines.
The next VITROCELL® User Group Meeting will be held in spring 2018. Details will be announced on our website.
Waldkirch, 15 March 2017